Newsletter Week 29: To remain anonymous, we need to know who you areAug 02, 2021
From the AdMonsters Wrapper Newsletter: NAI Wants Consumers Email to Opt Them Out of Hashed Email Tracking
In other words, if you tell us who you are, we won't know who you are. I love this industry. I really do.
Summer Party Crowd Surfing:
Thanks everyone for coming out. You let 80 people register in the hopes of getting 40 – the venue max.... and then 70ish show up. Unbelievable. Photo of the night, however has to be:
Ellen ain't got nothing on us. The star power in this photo is off the hook!
B&A&A: August 4 at 6 PM ET Beer, Ad Ops & Ad Tech Detroit starts up again
Help us get the word out if you know someone in the Motor City. I (Rob Beeler) won't be there. I know it says I will, but I'm not. Feel free to congregate without me!
Automotive Summit Mid-Season Break
Auto folk: you know your schedule. If you're focused on automotive and just reading this, contact us immediately.
This week: Nothin'
Next week: A Buy Side Perspective!
Can I still get a TD Foundation Hat, Shirt, etc.? YES!
Partners: Week 29 of In View has been posted. Log in to Beeler.Tech to see.
(reply if you want to know what "In View" means)
Slack Convos with Publishers on Beeler.Tech
- Identity Solution reporting
- iOS 15 fix
- Nielsen (2 different issues!)
- Affiliate analytics
- Content Syndication
- Unfilled Impressions
If you're a publisher, it's not too late to join the conversation. DM for details! Note: partners get a summary of these discussions. Become a partner.
Giving credit where credit is due: Great Content We Liked this Week
More on this in upcoming newsletters, but I'm working with Bryan Barletta of $ounds Profitable on getting more people into podcasting! Want to get ahead of everyone else? Start reading, watching and listening his amazing content.
Ad Ops Spotify Playlist - new podcast episodes added from Ad Ops All Stars, The AdPod, The ID5 Podcast, Sounds Profitable, Programmatic Digest's podcast and the award winning Minority Report Podcast.
- Worried about how iOS 15 is going to mess up how ads are displayed? Here's a solution!
- Bridging the Privacy Compliance Gap - John Murphy @ Confiant knows his stuff
- Do you agree with Marc Goldberg? Flaws of Prebid and How it Impacts Brand Safety
From Ari Paparo presentation - two images for y'all:
ID Central is on sabbatical. I need to focus on other parts of the business right now. That being said, it doesn't mean I can't link to key things:
- Google's Timeline – they plan to update at least once a month.
Job Listings - Let's get these jobs filled!
- Campaign Manager - The Atlantic - New York, NY
- Client Success Manager (Advertising/Marketing) - SEBPO - Marlton, NJ / Remote
- Implementation Coordinator - SEBPO - Marlton, NJ / Remote
- Project Manager - SEBPO - Marlton, NJ / Remote
- Programmatic Account Strategist - Insider, Inc. - Los Angeles, CA
- Digital Yield Manager - NZME - New Zealand
- Sr. Sales Operations Manager - Tumblr - Remote
Job Seekers – help them find their next big break!
If you are actively looking for a new gig, we should have you in our job seekers section! But for those of you just thinking about your next move, the job seeker’s post allows you to gather and share your thoughts on what you want your next move to be. It can open up conversations and help you get a feel for the market. Take a look at the postings, write something up and send it to us. Nicholas will find you a snazzy graphic, post your description to the site and then promote on social. Let us help you!
Job Seeker #80: A Denver-based executive with over 20 years of experience in adtech bridging complex technical and business needs. They are seeking to join a high-performing technical team that needs an objective, data-driven leader to crystallize the company's strategic plan and lead execution. They have proven abilities to simplify complex market opportunities, optimize product and customer fit iteratively, collaborate with engineers to develop MVPs, and optimize go-to-market execution. Their work includes product, ad operations, customer success, media and operations roles for large and small agencies, ad networks, startups, and ad exchanges. They have been able to discover and articulate the big picture while reducing operational inefficiencies for large companies or bootstrapped startups. An innovative leader, he or she can adapt rapidly and inspire teams to surpass expectations.
If you are looking to fill an open role, review our job seekers, we may have the perfect person for you. Send us a note and we’ll make the introduction!
Whispers of Jobs not listed yet. NEW Whispers added to our Whisper page!
(jobs/gigs that we don't have a link for but know are out there - email us for details)
Ad Ops Manager
- Based in NYC
- Will be Remote until January 2022 and then on a hybrid schedule in the office 2 days or less.
- Could be a senior role
Events coming up
(all times ET unless otherwise noted)
- August 2 - 4: Ad Age Small Agency Conference
- August 4 at 5:00 PM: First Wednesday in person! NYC near the Shake Shack
- August 4 at 6:00 PM: Monthly Beers, Ad Ops, & Ad Tech Detroit
- August 6 at 4:00 PM: Beeler.Tech Weekly Virtual Happy Hour
- August 11 at 1:00 PM: Use Publisher Provided Identifiers to activate first party audiences - GOOGLE Session
- August 11 at 1:00 PM: Revenue Strategy Session Vol 2 – First-Party Data - AdMonsters/OpenX colab - I'll be there
- August 11 at 2:00 PM: State of Data Town Hall: Identity/Addressability - IAB
- August 11 at 5:00 PM BST: AdTech London MeetUp
- August 22-25: AdMonsters Pub Forum Vail
- August 26: #YesAllMen - August Event
- September 9: Virtual Brand Safety Summit: DMEXCO
- September 15 at 12:00 PM: Audience Connect: Balancing Privacy, Personalization & Safety
- September 21 at 10:30 AM: 11th Annual TD Foundation Golf Event
- September 27-29: Digiday Publishing Summit
- October 4: OPS NY
- October 18-21: AdvertisingWeek New York
Beeler.Tech Virtual Happy Hour - the one where we talked about Papi and Flat Stanley.
We're still going strong. Come on, stop by!
Word of the week: portage
Lost the VHH Link? Go No Further. Here it is.
Nothing really. I might use August to recharge a bit and start thinking about 2022. If there is less meat in your newsletter, it's because I'm in the lab....
Thank you for subscribing. This newsletter is a labor of love and I appreciate the time and attention you give to it. Feel free to reach out with any feedback - positive or negative, as it’ll help improve this letter for everyone. If this newsletter was forwarded to you, you can subscribe here.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.