Newsletter Week 27: Goat Yoga + BeelerJul 18, 2021
If you haven't looked, the AdMonsters Publisher Forum in Vail in August has shaped up quite nicely. Great keynote speakers. Amazing locations. Insightful breakouts.
What the event page doesn't tell you:
I'm doing GOGA or Goat Yoga. Now, I have a rocky history with goats (true story: I used to babysit goals), but I think having baby goats climb all over us is going to lead to another legendary AdMonsters story. If you need help getting there, let me know.
I will be sailing the Mediterranean from now until September 6th (That sensation you're feeling is "envy"; embrace it). If you need something before that, swim on over and we'll chat.
Dean Chandler (he shared this was from a couple of years ago, hence the runner up status)
This one, however, was not sent in jest, but was actually their OOO: "I am out of the office through 4/26 and will have limited access to email. " THAT'S 281 DAYS OFF! Well played! :)
They'll each be getting something from the Beeler.Tech Store!
Automotive Summit Continues (I think it's longer than the Olympics)
Auto folk: you know your schedule. If you're focused on automotive and just reading this, contact us immediately.
Today you'll discuss:
- the Beeler.Tech take on identity solution (2022 predictions and what you can work on now)
- Lotame's Panorama ID & The buyer's perspective
- ID5's Identity Solution
- In-office/remote work plans
- Header Bidding, Prebid, Site Performance
The Security Solution Scorecard isn't actually blurry. I was trying to be clever.
We've compiled in this 2-page document the key attributes a security solution should offer a company in the digital advertising ecosystem. Use the scorecard to organize what is essential to your organization and to ask the right questions. Click here to download the scorecard As always, we want your feedback!
The Minority Report - Get in front of this amazing audience
If you don’t already listen, you should check out the Minority Report podcast from Kerel Cooper and Erik Requidan. Both are industry veterans. Their podcast highlights people of color, diverse backgrounds, women & LGBTQ community with content focusing on diversity within media, business, and technology. We are big fans! And, if the content wasn’t good enough, they offer a sponsorship package to promote your brand to the listening community. Want to learn more, contact us.
Can I still get a TD Foundation Hat? YES!
We will continue to contribute to the TD Foundation any sale of products we've designed for them.
Partners: Week 27 of In View has been posted. Log in to Beeler.Tech to see.
(reply if you want to know what "In View" means)
Slack Convos with Publishers on Beeler.Tech
- Benchmark data (continued)
- PMPs through OB?
- Core Web Vitals - has it started to hit
- Lots o' questions
If you're a publisher, it's not too late to join the conversation. DM for details! Note: partners get a summary of these discussions. Become a partner.
Giving credit where credit is due: Great Content We Liked this Week
More on this in upcoming newsletters, but I'm working with Bryan Barletta of $ounds Profitable on getting more people into podcasting! Want to get ahead of everyone else? Start reading, watching and listening his amazing content.
- Tom Jenen: Hey publishers, cookies are back! take your Dramamine, here’s what happens next
- Linkedin intro from Myles Younger on a Vice article about how we're an industry that unmasks people at scale.
- The Time for Buy-side Transparency is Now <----Buyers.Json Now!
- Podcast Interview with Chris O'Hara - OG in the DMP world
- MediaMint's take on the CTV Market - chock full o' facts
- Reddit convo about Clean Rooms - entertaining and educational
- Nativo Discussion: Publisher Sales Enablement <- Links to our First Impressions Video!
- Paul Bannister Twitter Thread on iOS 15 - further fuckery from Apple
- What Are Publisher Cohorts? <--- Cohorts: they're not just for Google anymore.
- Advanced article on Federated Learning
- California’s attorney general backs call for Global Privacy Control adoption with fresh enforcement letters to companies
- Twitter thread from Ben Savage about Context
ID Central is on sabbatical. I need to focus on other parts of the business right now.
Beeler.Tech Virtual Happy Hour - the one where we discussed shaving Leon for charity. Yeah, I know.
Lost the VHH Link? Go No Further. Here it is.
Events coming up
(all times ET unless otherwise noted)
- July 20 at 6:00 PM: Ad Tech & Ad Ops Happy Hour @ Grey Bar <- I can't make this week. Wife's B-day. :(
- July 21 at 1:00 PM: AdMonsters/OneTrust Webinar: Personalization & Privacy
- July 22 at 7:00 AM: Brand Safety Summit Europe in London
- July 22 at 5:30 PM: Prohaska Happy Hour - Seattle
- July 23 at 4:00 PM: Beeler.Tech Weekly Virtual Happy Hour
- July 27 at 5:30 PM: Prohaska Happy Hour - Minneapolis
- July 29 at 5:30 PM: Prohaska Happy Hour - Detroit
- August 11 at 1:00 PM: AdMonsters/OpenX event - (reg not quite open)
- August 11 at 2:00 PM: State of Data Town Hall: Identity/Addressability
- August 22-25: AdMonsters Pub Forum Vail
- September 9: Virtual Brand Safety Summit: DMEXCO
- October 4: OPS NY
- October 18-21: AdvertisingWeek New York
Whispers of Jobs not listed yet. NEW Whispers added to our Whisper page!
(jobs/gigs that we don't have a link for but know are out there. - email us for details)
Unique Opportunity ALERT! - America’s HR & Office Lead (company is a Platform) - Week 3 - THIS ONE!!
- Are you a manager or team lead with ~5+ years of work experience who is considering a transition from AdOps or another operating area to Human Resources/General Management with a little recruiting?
- What We’re Seeking: A growing ad tech platform seeks an Americas HR Business Partner & Office Lead, based in NYC.
- You’ll be a key lead in the Chief Human Resource Officer’s team, you will champion HR and Administration activities for the Americas.
- You will be the NY office lead and make sure the office runs smoothly, and while not recruiting full-time, you will champion the US hiring and recruitment efforts, be a leader in the NY office, and recruit for select key roles.
- You will have all the support in the world from the President of the Americas region as you collaborate hand-in-hand.
- This is a significant opportunity to learn from seasoned HR leadership in an entrepreneurial high-growth setting.
- High-profile visibility within America’s and HQ leadership.
- A true ability to make a large impact on a growing business and employee base!
These are just samplings of jobs we have added recently! Do you have a job opening to add? Email us at [email protected].
Job Listings - Let's get these jobs filled!
(see the Hiring Heroes note below)
- Creative Solutions Specialist - ResponsiveAds - New York, NY
- VP Sales & Business Development - ResponsiveAds - New York, NY
- Digital Operations Specialist, Media Sales - Dow Jones - San Francisco, CA
- Digital Operations Specialist, Media Sales - Dow Jones - Los Angeles, CA
- Programmatic Platform Manager - Bloomberg Media - New York, NY
- Ad Operations Manager - Tinybeans - New York, NY
- Sales Engineer - Smartly.io - New York, NY
- Account Manager, Media Solutions - Fyllo - Chicago, IL
Job Seekers – help them find their next big break!
If you are actively looking for a new gig, we should have you in our job seekers section! But for those of you just thinking about your next move, the job seeker’s post allows you to gather and share your thoughts on what you want your next move to be. It can open up conversations and help you get a feel for the market. Take a look at the postings, write something up and send it to us. Nicholas will find you a snazzy graphic, post your description to the site and then promote on social. Let us help you!
Job Seeker #79: New York-based individual, open to relocate. Extensive and broad experience in TV and digital planning and operations management. Rick Monihan has both built and refined teams with a focus on maximizing revenues and minimizing costs. Utilizing strong critical thinking skills to find optimized solutions that benefit clients. Well-developed problem solving skills provide the basis for understanding nuanced requirements while focusing on providing improved best practices across business units. Rick has provided strong, mature leadership in operations at several multimedia companies. Maximizing and refining partnerships and interactions between operations, sales, data, legal and finance are critical to success in the modern media entity. With a focus on sales and a client-first attitude, revenue streams can be enhanced and corporate vision achieved. Rick is seeking to bring the depth and breadth of his experience and skill to bear on organizations looking for strong leaders and an ability to train the next generation of strong media managers.
If you are looking to fill an open role, review our job seekers, we may have the perfect person for you. Send us a note and we’ll make the introduction!
It's almost August. Are you serious?
Thank you for subscribing. This newsletter is a labor of love and I appreciate the time and attention you give to it. Feel free to reach out with any feedback - positive or negative, as it’ll help improve this letter for everyone. If this newsletter was forwarded to you, you can subscribe here.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.