Newsletter Week 26: Can you top this Out of Office Message?Jul 12, 2021
I recently sent an invite to a Director at a Spanish Publisher. Her OOO was "Ski Training" followed with "I am at 3500 m completely disconnected."
How amazing is that?
I hope all of you are currently working on an OOO message that rivals that one. Most of you won't actually change your vacation message to something like that, but I'd love to hear from you if you have big summer plans. Seriously – hit reply and I'll share some of them in the next newsletter.
If ad quality and malvertising are your jam, we created something for you:
The Security Solution Scorecard
We've compiled in this 2-page document the key attributes a security solution should offer a company in the digital advertising ecosystem. Use the scorecard to organize what is essential to your organization and to ask the right questions. Click here to download the scorecard.
and as always, we want your feedback!
First Impressions out and about!
First Impressions is our "ad tech unboxing videos" series. We have videos from DanAds, ID5 and Pushly to name a few. Most of our partners choose to keep their First Impressions videos behind closed doors – accessible only to publishers. Not Nativo. Their First Impressions video is posted on YouTube for all to see. Here's a blog post about it which has a link to the full video. Check it out!
Publishers: access our First Impressions content here (must log in)
Partners and potential partners: Click here to learn more.
Can I still get a TD Foundation Hat? YES!
We will continue to contribute to the TD Foundation any sale of products we've designed for them.
Partners: Week 26 of In View has been posted. Log in to Beeler.Tech to see.
(reply if you want to know what "In View" means)
Slack Convos with Publishers on Beeler.Tech
- DMP decisions (super long convo)
- Apple iOS 15 is coming to F more stuff up
- Operative question
- OMSs that connect to DSPs directly? (the answer is yes!)
If you're a publisher, it's not too late to join the conversation. DM for details! Note: partners get a summary of these discussions. Become a partner.
Giving credit where credit is due: Great Content We Liked this Week
More on this in upcoming newsletters, but I'm working with Bryan Barletta of $ounds Profitable on getting more people into podcasting! Want to get ahead of everyone else? Start reading, watching and listening his amazing content.
- Advertising Revenue Platform Burt Intelligence Acquires AI Company Inventale <innnnteeerrrresssstttinnng>
- Rob Webster opines (he is one who opines quite well) about the role of data clean rooms in marketing.
- (I didn't add as much as I wanted this week – I got to see my mom this weekend. I figured you would understand.)
Beeler.Tech Virtual Happy Hour - the one where we discussed cicada recipes. Seriously.
No, I'm not going to share any pictures.
What? Best you just attend to learn about these things.
Word of the week: mulct. Here's an example: "If you don't download the https://www.beeler.tech/security-scorecardhttps://www.beeler.tech/security-scorecard I spent a lot of time on, fraudsters could be mulcting you and your users without your knowledge!"
Lost the VHH Link? Go No Further. Here it is.
Events coming up
(all times ET unless otherwise noted)
- July 14 at 10:00 AM: The Great Privacy Reset <--- Jana! Jana! Jana!
- July 14 at 12:30 PM: Step Forward: Careers and Community
- July 14 at 1:00 PM: Revenue Strategy Session Vol 1 – Prebid <- I'll be talkin' industry stuff & Rev strategies
- July 14 at 1:00 PM: State of Data Town Hall: Measurement
- July 14 at 7:00 PM: Envision: What's Next for Addressability
- July 15 at 7:30 AM: Digiday Publisher Golf Outing <- I live just down the road. Should I stop by? <he asks mischievously>
- July 16 at 4:00 PM: Beeler.Tech Weekly Virtual Happy Hour
- July 22 at 7:00 AM: Brand Safety Summit Europe in London
- July 22 at 5:30 PM: Prohaska Happy Hour - Seattle
- July 27 at 5:30 PM: Prohaska Happy Hour - Minneapolis
- August 11 at 2:00 PM: State of Data Town Hall: Identity/Addressability
- August 22-25: AdMonsters Pub Forum Vail
- October 4: OPS NY
- October 18-21: AdvertisingWeek New York
Whispers of Jobs not listed yet. NEW Whispers added to our Whisper page!
(jobs/gigs that we don't have a link for but know are out there. - email us for details)
Programmatic Analyst (company is a Platform)
- Project manage client onboarding and implementation process including product, channel and partner activation, campaign launches, Service Delivery Groups, and ad-hoc projects
- Serve as the main point of contact for delivery and activation questions from the client teams and issue resolution as needed. (i.e. communication and expectation setting, raising tickets)
- Advise on trading and optimization of media in the Platform
- Understand and communicate relevant new products, features, and capabilities as they become available and ensure successful deployment
- NYC offices or positions can be Remote, USA based.
Account Manager / Account Director (two companies hiring in this area, both are Platforms)
- This is all about existing business growth, it’s a sales role, but not for net new clients, but for existing clients.
- Able to communicate and interact directly with clients at a senior level
- Sophisticated communicator with a solution-oriented and client-centric mindset
- One requires NYC metro area - will eventually return to office 2-3x per week, and the other opportunity is open on location.
- One of these will be a FIRST IN, so someone to lead it and others to follow after the leader comes in.
Manager, Ops Tech Support (company is a Platform)
- Develop, implement and manage platform/inventory integrations. Solve customer challenges through technical knowledge and delivering results for monetization and revenue
- Serve as subject matter expert in programmatic ad tech – header bidding, SSPs, DSPs, DMPs, ad exchanges, ad networks, agency trading desks, and viewability/fraud
- Work internally with product and engineering teams in order to provide solutions for customer needs and platform growth
- Maintain and support complex digital inventory architecture across various product offerings
- Holistic understanding of the programmatic ad tech ecosystem
- Experience with programmatic and digital ad serving systems
- NYC metro area - will eventually return to office 2-3x per week.
These are just samplings of jobs we have added recently! Do you have a job opening to add? Email us at [email protected].
Job Listings - Let's get these jobs filled!
(see the Hiring Heroes note below)
- Director of Subscription Marketing - Encyclopaedia Britannica - Chicago, IL
- Programmatic Operations Specialist - Bell Media - Montreal, QC
- Ad Ops Specialist - Trusted Media Brands - New York, NY
- Ad Operations Manager - Tinybeans - New York, NY
- Senior Product Marketing Specialist, Pricing & Packaging - Group Nine Media - New York, NY
- Sales Engineer - Smartly.io - New York, NY
- Sr. Manager or Director, Data and Identity Products & Platforms - News Corp - New York, NY
- Manager, Advertising Operations - BBC Global News - New York, NY
Job Seekers – help them find their next big break!
If you are actively looking for a new gig, we should have you in our job seekers section! But for those of you just thinking about your next move, the job seeker’s post allows you to gather and share your thoughts on what you want your next move to be. It can open up conversations and help you get a feel for the market. Take a look at the postings, write something up and send it to us. Nicholas will find you a snazzy graphic, post your description to the site and then promote on social. Let us help you!
Job Seeker #78: This New York-based individual has experience in the agency, publisher, programmatic worlds with an interest in CTV & Site tagging with the ability to create documentation on the fly. Showing grit/ technical problem-solving skills and excellence for account management, business, technical ad campaign management, and data analysis. He is able to easily pick up technical concepts, dashboards, and ad tech vernacular, there is no task too large or small. He is used to working cross-functionally with engineering, product, ad operations, international teams, and more. For his next career move, he is looking to stay within the AdTech industry in a role where he can grow, develop his talents, and continue to learn.
If you are looking to fill an open role, review our job seekers, we may have the perfect person for you. Send us a note and we’ll make the introduction!
We lost someone this past month. Michael Healy worked at NJ.com, Operative and a number of other companies in our industry. He will be missed.
Thank you for subscribing. This newsletter is a labor of love and I appreciate the time and attention you give to it. Feel free to reach out with any feedback - positive or negative, as it’ll help improve this letter for everyone. If this newsletter was forwarded to you, you can subscribe here.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.