Newsletter Week 25: See what we did for the Fourth of JulyJul 06, 2021
Helping veterans and their families to the tune of $1,850!
We had 46 people buy products on the Beeler.Tech store from May 23rd to July 4th.
This hat was the #1 product purchased:
We will continue to contribute to the TD Foundation any sale of products we've designed for them.
We're currently looking for our next charity. Any suggestions?
Beeler.Briefs are short videos, not a line of underwear
A number of people made some great suggestions, but once Beeler.Briefs got in my head, I think the contest was over.
Here's the latest Beeler.Brief from Eliza Nevers @ Lotame. Her thoughts in 6 minutes about what publishers need to know about the buy-side. Thanks to Eliza for being our test subject!
Have an idea for a Beeler.Brief? Reply or email [email protected] We're going to experiment for awhile with this until we establish where we want to go editorially. While there is no paid component to this at this time, partners before non-parnters – so partner up with Beeler.Tech.
Partners: Week 25 of In View has been posted. Log in to Beeler.Tech to see.
(reply if you want to know what "In View" means)
Slack Convos with Publishers on Beeler.Tech
- AMP CPMs
- Google Data Studio woes
- Amazon Fire issues
- Site Speed
- optimizing "personalization disabled" inventoy
If you're a publisher, it's not too late to join the conversation. DM for details! Note: partners get a summary of these discussions. Become a partner.
Giving credit where credit is due: Great Content We Liked this Week
More on this in upcoming newsletters, but I'm working with Bryan Barletta of $ounds Profitable on getting more people into podcasting! Want to get ahead of everyone else? Start reading, watching and listening his amazing content.
- ATT is killing advertising performance. Six tactics for adapting to the new advertising landscape.
- 15 Insights on FLoC, UID, VRM and What Pubs Should Do Right Now - (some of those insights are from moi.)
- Ranker One Step Ahead Of A Cookieless Future With First-Party Data
- 4 Questions Publishers Seeking Identity Partners Need To Ask
- Podcast: Ratko Vidakovic – the SiteScout becomes an AdProf
- First-party segments bring publisher data to the open market - CafeMedia making moves!
- The evolution of contextual targeting - Colette Munnelly, feel free to come back to the pub side!
- Publisher CPM Rates Higher for Visitors Providing Consent
- How To Evaluate An Identity Solution
Beeler.Tech Virtual Happy Hour - the one where we discussed cannibalism in Ad Tech
What? Best you just be there to learn about these things.
HERE'S THE LINK:
Word of the week: Gormandize: As in, "agencies gormandize third party cookies like they are going out of style (they are)." or "The girl from Brooklyn could not wait to gormandize cicadas. Why? I don't know."
Events coming up
(all times ET unless otherwise noted)
- July 7 at 1:00 PM: Solimar: Meet the Moment
- July 8 at 11:00 PM: 2021 Cookies Snapshot: Brazil, Italy, Canada, Third-Party Cookies, & More
- July 9 at 4:00 PM: Beeler.Tech Weekly Virtual Happy Hour
- July 14 at 10:00 AM: The Great Privacy Reset
- July 14 at 1:00 PM: Revenue Strategy Session Vol 1 – Prebid
- July 14 at 1:00 PM: State of Data Town Hall: Measurement
- July 15: Digiday Publisher Golf Outing
- July 22 at 5:30 PM: Prohaska Happy Hour - Seattle
- July 22 at 7:00 AM: Brand Safety Summit Europe in London
- July 27 at 5:30 PM: Prohaska Happy Hour - Minneapolis
- August 11 at 2:00 PM: State of Data Town Hall: Identity/Addressability
- August 22-25: AdMonsters Pub Forum Vail
- October 4: OPS NY
- October 18-21: AdvertisingWeek New York
Whispers of Jobs not listed yet. Whispers added to our Whisper page!
(jobs/gigs that we don't have a link for but know are out there. - email us for details)
Head of Account Management (company is a Platform)
- Experienced operator building team, developing practices with hands on keyboard expertise.
- Client centric account management lead – focused on building and developing key relationships
- Experience with agencies, ideally global hold co’s and independent agencies, and experience working across multiple different teams and organizations
- Track-record of delivering revenue
- Experienced people leader
- NYC metro area - will eventually return to office 2-3x per week.
Platform Solutions Consultant/Sr. Customer Success Manager (company is a Platform)
- Hands on keyboard expert at programmatic buying and optimizations – DSP, Third-Party Adserver and DMP experience a plus.
- Programmatic experience both in managing/optimizing, but also reporting
- Technically adept with deep understanding of all related internet technologies
- Able to communicate and interact directly with clients so they can work efficiently across the team
- NYC metro area - will eventually return to office 2-3x per week.
These are just samplings of jobs we have added recently! Do you have a job opening to add? Email us at [email protected].
Job Listings - Let's get these jobs filled!
(see the Hiring Heroes note below)
- Digital Media Buyer International, Media Services - Live Nation - London, England
- Vice President of Commerce - LoveToKnow Media - Remote
- Senior Director of Partnerships, Supply Side - Lotame - lkridge, MD
- Partner Success Manager - gumgum - Remote
- Digital Account Manager, Global Media Sales - The Knot Worldwide - New York, NY
- Sales Planner - The New York Times - San Francisco, CA / Chicago, IL / New York, NY
- Digital Operations Lead - DC THOMSON MEDIA - Remote, UK
- Customer Success Manager - Lotame - Elkridge, MD
Job Seekers – help them find their next big break!
If you are actively looking for a new gig, we should have you in our job seekers section! But for those of you just thinking about your next move, the job seeker’s post allows you to gather and share your thoughts on what you want your next move to be. It can open up conversations and help you get a feel for the market. Take a look at the postings, write something up and send it to us. Nicholas will find you a snazzy graphic, post your description to the site and then promote on social. Let us help you!
Beeler personal endorsement – hire Topher!: Job Seeker #82 is based in Tampa Florida but is willing to relocate. Christopher Clairmont has extensive experience in media operations, primarily with digital ad operations, trafficking, hiring and development. Christopher has special focus in ad serving, ad tagging & platform technology, as well as high impact display, mobile and video ad operations, analytics and campaign management. Some of his key speciality highlights include digital ad operations, product development, video, mobile, vendor negotiating, campaign management, third party ad serving, web analytics, CTV/OTT, Attribution, and Facebook advertising. Contact Christopher at [email protected]
If you are looking to fill an open role, review our job seekers, we may have the perfect person for you. Send us a note and we’ll make the introduction!
Final Thoughts - I'm repeating myself
Hiring Our Heroes is a nationwide initiative of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation. It connects the military community with employers that understand the skills and values they can bring to a company. To increase economic opportunities for the military spouse community, Hiring Our Heroes has launched an initiative called #DiscoverTheTalent to further build partnerships with businesses to advocate, train, and hire military spouses. Fellow OT'er Sally Ward brought this to us as she is involved both as an advocate, and the spouse of service member with the Navy. And we are happy to help - will you?
While military service members are out doing their jobs, military spouses are supporting them on the home front. Spouses also know service and sacrifice. Unfortunately, frequent moves from their servicemember's various duty stations can impede their career growth and limit employment opportunities.
- The military spouse unemployment rate is 4 times the national average.
- 67% of military spouses had to quit a job because of a move.
- 41% of unemployed military spouses took more than 4 months to find new employment.
Hiring Our Heroes recognizes that military spouses are skilled, diverse and motivated. Today's military spouse delivers dependability, a strong work ethic and many more characteristics highly valued by America’s top employers. Military spouses tend to be flexible, up to date on the latest technological trends and are oftentimes more educated than their civilian counterparts.
If you plan on hiring soon, consider registering for #DiscoverTheTalent. Registered companies will have the opportunity to learn more about Hiring Our Heroes Programs, like our Military Spouse Economic Empowerment Zones (MSEEZ) and Military Spouse Professional Networks (MSPN). Employers will also learn how to connect with military spouses, and how to position their company/organization as a military spouse-friendly employer. Please sign up here: https://rebrand.ly/hiring-our-
Thank you everyone for your support of this worthy cause.
Thank you for subscribing. This newsletter is a labor of love and I appreciate the time and attention you give to it. Feel free to reach out with any feedback - positive or negative, as it’ll help improve this letter for everyone. If this newsletter was forwarded to you, you can subscribe here.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.