Newsletter Week 24: Will people be back in their offices in time to see 3rd party cookies end?Jun 28, 2021
Yes. Google's announcement is the big news. I've included some responses below in my content link section. I'm still collecting my own thoughts. I did however tweet this comment:
The sound of a thousand identity solution pitch decks furiously being updated....
— rbeeler (@rbeeler) June 24, 2021
Which has been the most popular tweet I've had in some time. My quick take on Google's announcement: this is ultimately good news. As much as I would love to rip the band-aid off, we need the time to do it right. We still need to act with a level of urgency, however.
Maybe I sensed the delay, because I asked publishers in our community questions is what I dubbed the "2021 nothing about identity survey". It had zero questions about identity! Imagine!
Survey Results Available!
Additional insights available:
- Are your return to the office plans different for engineering groups, product, operations than the rest of the company?
- What are the chances you will be traveling to an in-person event this year?
- What would an industry event have to do to make you pick that event and get permission to attend? Is it cost or topics or something else?
- Would you attend an industry-related dinner or meet up in your area this year?
- What kind of products or services is your company actively looking to purchase?
If you are a publisher the survey results will be posted in Slack (the #inview channel). Publishers have also been added to the In View section on the Beeler.Tech website (you must log in to access).
If you're a partner, the survey results are posted in the In View section of the Beeler.Tech website (you must log in to access).
If you're not a partner, reach out to learn how to become one.
New Content format added to Beeler.Tech. Needs a cool name.
Published on the Beeler.Tech site is a 6-minute video with Eliza Nevers of Lotame answering one question: what do publishers need to do now. Cool part? We recorded this AFTER Google's announcement, so it's super fresh.
I plan to do a lot more of these video snippets and posting them. Current title is Beeler.Clips, but I'm not in love with the name (sounds like a hair salon). Help me name it and I'll give you some swag! Speaking of swag....
TD Foundation 100% donation extended until July 4th. Shop today!
100% of all purchases (tax, shipping, etc.) until EOD July 4th is going to the TD Foundation. Help Veterans and buy something today!
Partners: Week 24 of In View has been posted. Log in to Beeler.Tech to see.
(reply if you want to know what "In View" means)
The Barometer Report Call this week? Not happening.
Slack Convos with Publishers on Beeler.Tech
- Google's Announcement
- OTT & CMPs
- In App
- Inventory management outside of GAM
- Audience segments from impressions/clicks
If you're a publisher, it's not too late to join the conversation. DM for details! Note: partners get a summary of these discussions. Become a partner.
Giving credit where credit is due: Great Content We Liked this Week
More on this in upcoming newsletters, but I'm working with Bryan Barletta of $ounds Profitable on getting more people into podcasting! Want to get ahead of everyone else? Start reading, watching and listening his amazing content.
- Publishers line up to prove the value of their first-party data
- Dora Michail-Clendinnen: progress is impossible without change - big fan of This Dora (not all Doras, just this one)
- Google delays third-party cookie end date - Paul Bannister take
- The Industry Reacts: Google Extends its Cookie Deadline Until Late 2023 - Lesko is the Best-co!
- Protecting cancer victims from ad tech
- Podcast series with Wayne Blodwell with some great people on it!
- My Digital Hero: Gavin Dunaway, The Media Trust talking about Steph Layser
Beeler.Tech Virtual Happy Hour - the one where we described ourselves in 3 drinks.
I've had more than 3 drinks this weekend, so I don't have the energy to explain yet.
Wanna join after that, need to register using the new Q3 registration (how on earth is it almost Q3??)
Word of the week: pergolas - but only if you use it incorrectly or to argue with someone about gazebos.
Events coming up
(all times ET unless otherwise noted)
- June 28: 10th Annual Online Video Open Golf Outing
- June 28 at 5:00 PM: 2021 Silicon Alley Tennis Invitational
- June 29: Prohaska Happy Hour - Denver - ask for deets
- June 29 at 11:00 AM: Third-Party Cookies Are Ending: What Does This Mean for Your Website?
- June 30 at 12:00 PM: 5 ways to earn with affiliate marketing webinar w/ SOVRN
- June 30 at 1:00 PM: Identity is a Team Sport: How Publishers & Marketers Can Move Beyond the Cookie Together
- July 1: Prohaska Happy Hour - Seattle - ask for deets
- July 2 at 4:00 PM: Beeler.Tech Weekly Virtual Happy Hour
- July 14 at 10:00 AM: The Great Privacy Reset
- July 14 at 1:00 PM: Revenue Strategy Session Vol 1 – Prebid
- July 14 at 1:00 PM: State of Data Town Hall: Measurement
- July 15: Digiday Publisher Golf Outing
- July 22 at 7:00 AM: Brand Safety Summit Europe in London
- August 22-25: AdMonsters Pub Forum Vail
- October 4: OPS NY
- October 18-21: Advertising Week New York
Whispers of Jobs not listed yet. New Whisper this Week!
(jobs/gigs that we don't have a link for but know are out there. - email us for details)
- Programmatic OPs Freelance position - more than 20/hrs a week with strong likelihood to turn into full time in less than a year.
Job Listings - Let's get these jobs filled!
(see the Hiring Heroes note below)
- Digital Account Manager, Global Media Sales - The Knot Worldwide - New York, NY
- Sales Planner - The New York Times - San Francisco, CA / Chicago, IL / New York, NY
- Digital Operations Lead - DC THOMSON MEDIA - Remote, UK
- Customer Success Manager - Lotame - Elkridge, MD
- Solutions Partner Manager - Mux - Remote
- Advertising Platforms Executive - Financial Times - London
- Strategic Account Manager - Lotame - Elkridge, MD
- Director, Account Strategy, Programmatic - Condé Nast - New York, NY
- Account Strategy Executive, Programmatic - Condé Nast - New York, NY
- Producer, Custom Ad Solutions - Condé Nast -New York, NY
- Account Manager, Media Solutions - Fyllo - Chicago, IL
- Account Manager - ADVISR - New York, NY
Job Seekers – help them find their next big break!
If you are actively looking for a new gig, we should have you in our job seekers section! But for those of you just thinking about your next move, the job seeker’s post allows you to gather and share your thoughts on what you want your next move to be. It can open up conversations and help you get a feel for the market. Take a look at the postings, write something up and send it to us. Nicholas will find you a snazzy graphic, post your description to the site and then promote on social. Let us help you!
Job Seeker #37: This New York City based senior digital media and programmatic executive has a demonstrated history building and growing programmatic and brand direct ad revenue. He has had extensive experience sourcing, on-boarding, and implementing new ad technology and digital media technology in tandem with developing the strategies for scale. He is a highly versatile individual, who has worked equally on the publisher and demand side, and understanding of the needs and existing issues that are experienced on both ends. For his next move, he is looking to continue his career in a strategic role focused on expanding partnerships, for a publisher, advertiser, or AdTech firm.
If you are looking to fill an open role, review our job seekers, we may have the perfect person for you. Send us a note and we’ll make the introduction!
Hiring Our Heroes is a nationwide initiative of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation. It connects the military community with employers that understand the skills and values they can bring to a company. To increase economic opportunities for the military spouse community, Hiring Our Heroes has launched an initiative called #DiscoverTheTalent to further build partnerships with businesses to advocate, train, and hire military spouses. Fellow OT'er Sally Ward brought this to us as she is involved both as an advocate, and the spouse of service member with the Navy. And we are happy to help - will you?
While military service members are out doing their jobs, military spouses are supporting them on the home front. Spouses also know service and sacrifice. Unfortunately, frequent moves from their servicemember's various duty stations can impede their career growth and limit employment opportunities.
- The military spouse unemployment rate is 4 times the national average.
- 67% of military spouses had to quit a job because of a move.
- 41% of unemployed military spouses took more than 4 months to find new employment.
Hiring Our Heroes recognizes that military spouses are skilled, diverse and motivated. Today's military spouse delivers dependability, a strong work ethic and many more characteristics highly valued by America’s top employers. Military spouses tend to be flexible, up to date on the latest technological trends and are oftentimes more educated than their civilian counterparts.
If you plan on hiring soon, consider registering for #DiscoverTheTalent. Registered companies will have the opportunity to learn more about Hiring Our Heroes Programs, like our Military Spouse Economic Empowerment Zones (MSEEZ) and Military Spouse Professional Networks (MSPN). Employers will also learn how to connect with military spouses, and how to position their company/organization as a military spouse-friendly employer. Please sign up here: https://rebrand.ly/hiring-our-heroes
Thank you everyone for your support of this worthy cause.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.