July 22: Netflix + Microsoft Poll ResultsJul 23, 2022
Defend your opinion about the Netflix/Microsoft partnership, please.
Perfect choice. Best move they could have made.
- Perfect Choice! - I own MSFT stock.
- Of the choices available, Microsoft probably has the best pairing of fewer potential conflicts of interest, technological bones and scalability, and willingness and ability to customize to meet Netflix's needs.
- No competitive conflicts on either side, this is the only partnership where that is true. Xandr was a smart buy by M$
It was a really good choice.
- Microsoft is a "small" player in advertising but large enough that they have the relationships and staff required to turn-key an ad business. They could also be a "neutral" acquirer in the future. Look at LinkedIn vs Instagram. Which one ended up better for the founder?
- The best option that didn't have any conflict of interest with their other business.
- They essentially picked Xandr/AppNexus - a legit player in the space, with plenty of experience, and now the MSFT resources behind them
- No competitive business (Google/YT, NBCU/Peacock) that will get in the way; Xandr's CTV strength during it's time with ATT/Warner; In the future, Netflix budding interest in Gaming could be a nice combo with Microsoft
- I think other choices had too many conflicts and building it on their own would have taken too long. Best to work with someone who has the tech.
Not a good choice. Netflix could have done better.
- Microsoft? Really? It's not 1990. [Editor: OUCH!]
Such a bad decision, Netflix should buy the rights to the movie adaptation now.
- This deal would have been better in 2002
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.